Mission Statement & Objectives and Goals
The mission statement of the Christian Coalition includes the following objectives but not limited:
- To promote integrity in public office, transparency and accountability
- Promoting christian participation in the democratic governance of their respective countries
- To represent the Christian point of view before local councils, provincial , the Central Government and and Parliament.
- To proclaim Christian values in the public arena and the media.
- To serve as an umbrella organization to train leaders for effective social and political action in Africa
- To inform Christians about timely issues and legislation.
- To protect the declaration of Zambia as a Christian nation and ensure that Government translate the declaration into action.
- To serve as a network association of Christian Politicians in Government and key public offices
Objectives and Goals
The Christian Coalition is an international organization, which endeavors to build out its network across countries to engage Christians of all traditional persuasions. Only by doing this will we be able to connect with Christian individuals in communities across countries to recruit, train and equip them to become the voice of the Christian Coalition at the local, provincial, or Government levels.
On the whole Christians for too long have assumed that the area of Government is outside the domain of their responsibility, other than minimal civic participation in the electoral process every couple of years. The concept of "Separation of Church and Government", which the United States legal history references was designed to assure no State-Control over the Church, rather than the exclusion of historical religious precepts from public life and the formulation of public policy.
Today fundamental religious freedoms, freedom of speech, and the freedom to make personal moral choices, are threatened by Government and judicial actions aimed at promoting political correctness and extreme liberal secularist values based on secular humanist philosophy.
The Christian Coalition and its affiliates exist to fight for the traditional moral values and religious freedoms Catholics, Orthodox, Protestants, Evangelicals, and other Christians, as a vibrant majority, hold dear, and to restore those values as a guiding force in public policy. By bringing these sectors of society together as a cohesive force Africa will, with God's help, be restored as a great moral continent.